Thursday, October 3, 2013

Obsessed: Football

Not me. My son. We have a family tradition of attending one USC football game each season. My son and I watched the first 30 min of the USC opener vs Hawaii together and he was hooked. During these 30min he asked about 50 questions about the game. Why are they running into each other? Who is winning? What is a quarterback? On and on. Thank goodness I was a cheerleader in high school and know enough to teach my son. The next morning he woke up and asked who won. I was happy to announce USC and he did a fist pump in excitement.
Cut to a visit at his cousin's house. He comes running into the house from the back yard and says "mom we are playing football. I am USC and they are Hawaii because USC wins." Wow. Two weeks later and he has retained this information. The next day he claims he is playing "USC football" as if this is somehow different than "football".
We recently attended the USC v Utah St game with friends. Our friend's husband taught my son and his friend how to run a play. And he was done. We now have to play football every night when we get home switching from him being the quarterback to the running back and always with him running to the endzone and scoring a touch down. Not quite four and the obsession has begun.


No comments:

Post a Comment