Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Despicable Me 2

I don't know about you, but my son LOVES the minions. I am lucky enough to work at the studio that created the minions and we pass by the posters every day. In fact, we pass a similar poster every morning:
And every morning, my son says "bee-do" over and over. It is both endearing and annoying. So for the past year I have been waiting for the premiere so that I could take my son.


On the day of the event I think I was more excited than he was. I woke him up from his nap so we could leave and as we drove to the Gibson Amphitheater he yells "the minion blimp." We had watched the video online hundreds of times and it flew over his school one day so he knew exactly what it was. We were both screaming in excitement.

Once out of the car we saw the crowds of people, the yellow carpet, the minions and stars. He is too young to appreciate standing next to Miranda Cosgrove from iCarly on the carpet but loved petting the minions.
Inside the theater, after getting our promotional gogurt, ring pop and some popcorn we sat down for the 3D screening of DM2. He LOVED the movie and was rather excited about the 3D experience explaining to everyone that would listen why we had to wear the glasses.
After the film, there was a giant party. From cookie decorating, green screen pictures with minions to real minion pictures and minion cupcakes he was high on life...and sugar. We stayed until the very end and he and I both enjoyed spending ime with good friends.

He even scored himself some party decor (pinata) to take home. This by far has been a highlight in our lives and something so special for us both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment